don't postpone joy

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

contact

...not like with outerspace--well, sorta--the ex. Turns out he had surgery last week. What a different world I live in now, compared to then. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. His life sucks. He has no job. His mom died. And now he lives with his other ex.
Poor guy. In a different life...that was a different life thank the powers that be...but in a different life, I was such a different person. Looked different. Talked different. Acted different. Everything I was then was according to his rules. Which, in and of itself, is an anomaly...I wasn't like that before, and nowhere remotely close after. Fuck. Now I take vacations and go out to dinner. I come and go as I please and I drink whenever I want. I read books and go to baseball games. I take walks and go to museums. I even ...gasp...go on dates. I got my opinion back, and my mind has opened up. I meditate. I have become more accepting and patient. I like my half full glass and my silver lining, thank you very much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home